Non-invasive body contouring treatments are now a booming industry. People all over the country are seeking way to trim a few inches and avoid surgery. Any spa or esthetic medicine practice can benefit from owning a body-shaping device in house as the Instagram effect is influencing more and more people to seek what is perceived as “perfection.” Body contouring and fat and cellulite reduction treatments are in high demand, according to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS).
“As expected, surgical procedures as a whole are still slightly declining overall, now that there are so many less invasive enhancement options to explore,” cited a new February 2018 study conducted by BAAPS.
Plastic surgeon and former BAAPS President Rajiv Grover stated: “The advent of myriad filters in social media platforms allows for the ubiquitous enhancing and facial feminising of ‘selfies’. However there are fewer options to reach online ‘fitspiration’ when it comes to body goals.
It is possible that fashion may also play a part; for example the growing trend of activewear such as yoga pants and Lycra leggings being worn in everyday life; perhaps demanding a more toned shape.
“Both of these factors may potentially be the reasons why women’s focus for cosmetic surgery in 2017 has shifted from their face to their body in order to address the stubborn areas that neither diet, exercise, nor filters can reach.”
So how can you capitalize on this demand?
- First of all, should you invest in a body-shaping machine, you want it to work, bottom line. People come back with results. People share their results with others. Customer satisfaction in number one.
- Secondly, you want good value out of your machine. Do your research and find one that is well-made, tough enough to hold up under heavy usage. Remember, it’s the cost-per-use that matters. So don’t cheap out and end up pouring tons of money in repairs and replacement parts—not to mention downtime.
- Ease of use and training support: No matter how good a machine is, it can be rendered useless if it is difficult for your staff to use. Does the company that sells it offer comprehensive training? These days, the best body-shaping machines are easy to use.
- Space requirements: Can your location handle a bigger machine? Or is portability paramount to your tightly spaced environment? Think ahead.
- Know your demographic: Is your area more affluent? Do the core clientele have time for multiple treatments? Match your machine purchase to the crowd it will serve.
Bottom line: Now is the time to get in on the demand for non-invasive body shaping. The technology has advanced so much in the last three years and there are many more options that won’t break the bank, especially when considering the potential return on investment. The truth is, for most people, diet and exercise has its limits. An effective body-sculpting machine can deliver on the promise of making people feel better in their own skin. That is the main selling point.